Monday, November 9, 2009
Change your xsplash Boot Screen with your desktop change in ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
Ubuntu has gained new splash screen software called xsplash, and is introduced in ubuntu 9.10 karmic Koala. Here a simple nice script for changing your xsplash screen with respect to your desktop wallpaper. Every time you change the desktop wallpaper, it will automaticaly change the xsplash screen.
Download This Script
1. Download and extract the file wallpaper_daemon.py
(use command tar -xzvf 114984-wallpaper_daemon_1.2.tar.gz)
2. Copy ‘wallpaper_daemon.py’ file to a safe place, it won’t get deleted.
3. Now change the file permission of ‘wallpaper_daemon.py’.
[ use command chmod +x wallpaper_daemon.py]
4. Now Install it. Run ./wallpaper_daemon.py --install
5. Add wallpaper_daemon.py to the startup programs
[System > Preferences > Startup Applications]
Now set up your desktop wallpaper, same time your xsplash screen will also change