Thursday, April 29, 2010
The GNU/Linux systems have reached an important level of maturity, allowing to integrate them in almost any kind of work environment, from a desktop PC to the sever facilities of a big company.
In this ebook "The GNU/Linux Operating System", the main contents are related with system administration. You will learn how to install and configure several computer services, and how to optimize and synchronize the resources using GNU/Linux.
The topics covered in this 500+ page eBook include Linux network, server and data administration, Linux kernel, security, clustering, configuration, tuning, optimization, migration and coexistence with non-Linux systems. A must read for any serious Linux system admin.
Get your free ebook
Check current availability!
Posted by shibu V at 12:25 PM
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Color Management : Color Manager GNOME session is a framework that makes it easy to handle, install and create color profiles in the GNOME desktop
Easier Debugging Python : The gdb debugger has been extended so that it can communicate detailed information about the inner workings of Python 2 and Python 3 runtimes
3D Support: In Fedora 12 experimental support for 3D through-mesa-dri package-experimental drivers for ATI cards became available and has been expanded in Fedora 13 to support the systems through Nouveau Nvidia Driver.
PulseAudio Integration KDE : Fedora 13 offers a better integration of PulseAudio in Phonon KDE and KMix
Bluetooth DUN NetworkManager: NetworkManager now supports easy-to-use Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) support.
Include include Gnome 2.30.
Mobile NetworkManager Status : The NetworkManager applet shows the current signal strength, technology (GPRS / EDGE / UMTS / HSPA or 1x/EVDO etc), and roaming status while connected to the cards which support this functionality.
Fedora 13 SC have KDE 4.4, GNOME 2.30, support NFSv4, RPM 4.8, support both Python 3 and Python 2.x, OpenOffice.org 3.2.0, the Sugar desktop 0.88 (famous for its integration into the XO laptop One Laptop Per Child project), Firefox 3.6.2, and Upstart 0.6.0.
Posted by shibu V at 7:36 AM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Klavaro is a FREE Software for learning Typewriting. It will help you to learn Typewriting in systematic way, quickly and correctly in QWERTY keyboard. It also support other languages and keyboard formats.
* Ready to use keyboard layouts
* Basic course
* Adaptability exercises
* Velocity exercises
* Fluidness exercises
* Progress charts
* Keyboard Layout Editor
* Semi-online contest
* Clean graphical interface
How to install in Ubuntu / Debian
$ sudo apt-get install klavaro
If you want to run semi online contest you have to install libcurl3
$ sudo apt-get install libcurl3
Posted by shibu V at 7:26 AM
Monday, April 19, 2010
Kerala Entrance Exam 2010 (KEAM 2010) Answer Key And Solutions Published
Tell your Friend about this site . This site is exclusively designed for Engineering Students. www.keralalinux.com
Kerala Entrance Exam 2010 Answer key and Solution will be published . For answer Key and solutions please keep in touch regular on this site. Official site of CEE will publish after 21-04-2010. Some other sites are under the preparation of key. So please keep in touch regular on this site.
Posted by shibu V at 9:54 PM
Friday, April 16, 2010
Viewnior is an image viewer program. It is simple, fast and elegant. It's simple interface provides more screenspace for your images. Among its features are:
* Fullscreen & Slideshow
* Rotate, flip, crop, save, delete images
* Animation support
* Browse only selected images
* Navigation window
* Set image as wallpaper (only under GNOME)
* Simple interface
* Configurable mouse actions
Viewnior is licensed under the terms of the GPLv3.
How to Install Viewnior in Ubuntu
$sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xsisqox/ppa
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install viewnior
Posted by shibu V at 9:19 PM
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Dstat is a versatile replacement for vmstat, nfsstat, iostat, netstat and ifstat. Dstat covers some of their limitations and adds some extra features and flexibility. Dstat can easily monitor systems during performance tuning tests, benchmarks or troubleshooting.
Dstat allows you to view all of your system resources instantly, eg. compare disk usage in combination with interrupts from your IDE controller, or compare the network bandwidth numbers directly with the disk throughput (in the same interval).
- dstat_app - the most expensive process on the system
- dstat_battery - the percentage of battery charge (needs ACPI)
- dstat_cpufreq - the CPU frequency (needs ACPI)
- dstat_dbus - the number of dbus connections (needs python-dbus)
- dstat_freespace - see the disk usage per partition
- dstat_gpfs - the GPFS read/write IO
- dstat_gpfsop - the GPFS filesystem operations
- dstat_nfs3 - the NFS v3 client operations
- dstat_nfs3op - the extended NFS v3 client operations
- dstat_nfsd3 - the NFS v3 server operations
- dstat_nfsd3op - the extended NFS v3 server operations
- dstat_postfix - counters of the differnt queues (needs postfix)
- dstat_rpc - RPC client calls
- dstat_rpcd - RPC server calls
- dstat_sendmail - counters of the queue (needs sendmail)
- dstat_thermal - CPU temperature
- dstat_utmp - number of utmp sessions (needs python-utmp)
- dstat_wifi - wireless link quality and signal/noise ratio (needs python-wifi)
See more here
Posted by shibu V at 8:26 PM
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
A linux power user must know about the file compression utility tar. tar is used to store and extract files from and to an archive file. Mainly source codes distributed in tar format. Here some examples of tar usage
Posted by shibu V at 4:27 PM
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
saidar is a text based tool for viewing the system statistics available through libstatgrab. Statistics include CPU, processes, load, memory, swap, network I/O, disk I/O, and file system information.
how to install saidar in ubuntu / debian
$ sudo apt-get install saidar
Posted by shibu V at 4:09 PM
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Keyboard Shortcuts will increse your efficiency of Computer user. Here you can see some essential shortcuts for ubuntu
* Alt + F1: Open main menu.Use up/down/right/left arrow keys to select in Applications/Places/System.
* Alt + F2: Run Application.This will bring up a window,type command to run an application.
* Print Screen: Make a screenshot of whole screen.
* Alt + Print Screen: Make a screenshot of current window.
* Alt + F4: Close the current window.
* Alt+F5 Returns window to 'normal' or previous size.
* Alt+F7 Moves the current window
* Alt+F8 Resizes current window
* Ctrl + Alt + d: This will minimize all windows and apps,and bring you to desktop.
* Alt + F9: Minimize the current window.
* Alt + F10: Maximize the current window.
* Alt + Tab: Switch in windows.
Ctrl + Alt + BackSpace-Restart X Windows
Ctrl + Alt + Plus (numeric keypad) - Rotate through supported screen resolutions
Ctrl + Alt + Minus (numeric keypad) - Rotate backwards through supported screen resolutions
Ctrl + Alt + F1 --- F5 - Open Virtual Terminal
Ctrl + Alt + F7 - Return to Graphics screen from Virtual Terminal
Posted by shibu V at 8:14 PM
The Wine development release 1.1.42 is now available.
What's new in this release (see below for details):
- Support for shared 32/64-bit setups.
- Dwarf debug info support for better backtraces.
- More standard actions supported in MSI.
- Support for TIFF image format in WinCodecs.
- A number of Direct3D improvements.
- Shell fixes for better Internet Explorer support.
- Various bug fixes.
How to install Wine in Ubuntu
First add the repository
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
Now update the list
$ sudo apt-get update
$ apt-get install wine
Posted by shibu V at 1:10 PM
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
The Most Popular Non-Linear Video Editor for Linux Operating system is Openshot Non-Linear Video Editor. Openshot Non-Linear Video Editor.is included in the ubuntu 10.04 (lucid).
How to install in ubuntu 9.10
Add the Repository
Then add the key
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install openshot
Posted by shibu V at 8:14 PM
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
First of all iphone 3GS is lightning fast. You can shoot video, edit video in portrait or landscape mode and you can share video through E-mail and Youtube, you can easily sync your video with your Mac and PC. It comes with a 3-megapixel camera with modern autofocus technology.
Voice Control can find the names in your contacts list. Simply say a name to make a call. Or say a phone number. iPhone repeats your voice commands to confirm them, then dials away. You can also use voice control to play your songs and albums with voice commands.
Maps on iphone is very attractive. iPhone 3GS finds your location quickly and accurately via GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular towers. It will guide you to your correct location, View a list of turn-by-turn directions or follow a highlighted map route and track your progress with GPS. Find locations by address or by keyword: Search for “coffee” to see every cafe near you.
Cut, copy, and paste words and photos, even between applications. Landscape Keyboard more room to type.
Surf the web from practically anywhere. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop.
iPhone includes built-in Nike + iPod support. Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor , this will be useful for sports person and exercise. Capture and share a thought, a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording on the go with the new Voice Memos application.
iPhone 3GS offers accessibility features to assist users who are visually or hearing impaired. These features include the VoiceOver screen reader, a Zoom feature, White on Black display options, Mono Audio, and more.
If you misplace your iPhone, Apple’s MobileMe service can help you find it.
Posted by shibu V at 2:35 PM