What is Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi is a USD $35.00(Approx.Rs.2500/-) credit card sized single board computer with 256 MB RAM, 2 USB Ports, One HDMI Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Composit Video out for Connecting TV as Display Device, SD Card Slot, Ethernet Port and GPIO port for Electronics and Robotics Projects. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. The Raspberry Pi measures 8.5cm x 5.4cm, It weighs 45g.
What Peripherals Are Required for the Raspberry Pi SBC?
- +5V/700ma cell phone battery charger with micro‐USB cable
- SD‐Memory Card (2GB minimum) with a Linux OS Image installed
- USB Keyboard & USB Mouse
- HDMI cable or RCA Video Cable
- Display with either an HDMI, DVI, or Composite Video input
- Ethernet LAN Cable with RJ‐45 Connectors
Supporting Operating Systems
Debian 6 Linux
Fedora 14 Remix